So you have reached Ace and eating Chicken Dinner for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Too bad, Zombies likes eating too but in this case, its you. Welcome to Survive Till Dawn.
After teasing for months, PUBG Mobile made the zombie game mode available to everyone. Named Survive Till Dawn, this mode introduces zombies from Resident Evil 2 as well as a few custom zombies exclusively designed for PUBG. Introduced as part of Update 0.11.0, one has to fight zombies apart from other players to get the sweet Chicken Dinner. Your trip to Erangel may have turned into your worst nightmare.
Whats new in Update 0.11.0:
- Added Zombie: Survive Till Dawn, a new event mode that is here for a limited time only. Fight to survive as usual on Erangel, but zombies and bosses from Resident Evil 2 will also spawn on the map! Kill them to get resources and items.
- Added weather: Moonlight to Vikendi.
- Added player Spaces, where player information and Connections are displayed. Select a friend with Synergy 400 or above as Partner to stand by your side in your Space!
- Added Pandemic Treasure event. Get your Resident Evil 2 outfits now!
- Added Anniversary Treasure event. Celebrate the game’s anniversary with all kinds of rare finishes!
- Added Resident Evil 2 main menu theme and music.
- Anniversary items are on sale while quantities last!
- Added Anniversary emotes, avatars and frames.
- Sanhok is now available in Arcade – Quick Match.
- Character image and Connections are now visible on profile.
- Added new titles: “#1/100” (permanent) and “Survivor” (time-limited).
Some other improvements:
- Some houses in Vikendi have been redesigned.
- SMG and Assault Rifles War Modes now start with double the ammo.
- Past results are now kept up to 1 month. Older data will be cleared.
- Fixed terrain display bugs for budget devices.
Good Night, Good Luck:
As soon as the player lands zombies will start bursting out of the ground. Initially only a handful will appear, if not dispatched can swarm the player. Like in the other classic Zombie game, Dying Light, the initial zombies are easy to kill. A few well placed shots to the head kills one. However as the zone shrinks and evening sets in, zombies becomes more aggressive. Once night sets in, zombies become super aggressive and simply charge at the player.
The later circle starts spawning bosses like Tyrant and Shield Zombies. Some tougher zombies like ones that burst into a pool of acid when killed also spawn.
Zombie Mode Observations:
- One match will have 3 time zones: Day, Evening and Night.
- Day is 5 min long, evening is 3 min long while night is 2 min long.
- 2 nights & 3 days occurs per game, provided you survive long enough.
- 60 players per game. Rest are zombies.
- Smaller circle like Sniper Training.
- New M134 minigun (7.62mm bullet & 200 round magazine). Maybe time limited only.
- Some of the houses have barricades to stop the player getting to roof.
- RCPD (Racoon City Police Department) is here. And a boss awaits inside. Find it between Ruins & Pochinki.
- Spitters can’t attack if you are inside a dumper.
A few non-zombie mode observations:
- Option to disable the jump together invitation message during lobby.
- G36C is now obtainable in Erangel. Only dropped from bots.
Play together or die together:
Surviving this zombie apocalypse is no easy task. What started like a joke can turn your game into a joke. Trust me on that. Here are a few tips that may help you increase the time you survive before the zombies finally get you.
- Running is not the solution: Zombies are slow, night time zombies are not. One of the boss character has a dash ability meaning it’ll charge at you and hit you for a good lot of damage.
- Good guns & lots of ammo: If you want to fight, you’ll need good guns (the newly introduced M134 minigun helps). AKM, M416 or even the SK12 that you avoided like plague.
- H2O is bad for Zombies: Zombies may have learned to walk, run, attack, spit acid, charge at you but somehow they forgot to swim. If you are being chased by zombies, jumping into a pond or river does look like a good idea.
- Watch each other’s back: Unlike players, zombies can’t switch target. Meaning if they target one player, they’ll ignore the second player. This can cause one player to get swarmed. Better help him out or soon the zombie will switch focus once your friend is dead.
- Get to the rooftop, ASAP: Zombies can’t follow you to rooftop. This is the good news. Bad news, spitters can spit acid stuff at you from ground level. Still, better than getting kicked to death.
- Beware of other players: Zombies don’t know how to operate guns, other players can. If you see an enemy player, take him out before switching focus back to the zombies.
- Enemy squad knows point 5: If zombies have swarmed a house, you can almost be sure that some enemy players are in that house. Check the roof as to avoid zombies, players will certainly climb up there.
- Loot fast, loot smart: Zombie mode starts with 60 player and a smaller zone. Land in areas which has high concentration of loot, specially ammo and loot fast. If a zombie is approaching, just run away and continue collecting. Initial zombies are easy.
I’ll update the article if I find anything new. Till then, go kill some zombies.